|Forum Home > General Discussion > Aviagroup's Eduard Pre-Solo Written Exam|
1. Who is responsible for determining the airworthiness condition of the aircraft?
a. The aircraft owner
b. A certified mechanic
c. The pilot-in-command
d. An JAA inspector
2. A stall will occur anytime the aircraft :
a. exceeds the critical angle of attack.
b. is slowed below the bottom of the green arc on the airspeed indicator.
c. has a pitch attitude of more than 20 degrees nose up.
d. is banked more than 50 degrees.
3. What preflight action is specifically required of the pilot prior to each flight?
a. Review wake turbulence avoidance procedures
b. Become familiar with all available information concerning the flight
c. File a flight plan
d. All of the above
4. When taxiing with a quartering tailwind, what is the appropriate aileron position?
a. Ailerons neutral
b. Aileron down on the side from which the wind is blowing
c. Aileron up on the side from which the wind is blowing
5. When practicing stalls, you should:
a. perform clearing turns.
b. start at an altitude that will allow for completion no lower than 1500' AGL.
c. recover immediately.
d. all of the above
6. Crosswind landings should be performed with:
a. ailerons away from the wind, opposite rudder.
b. ailerons neutral, rudder into the wind.
c. ailerons into the wind, rudder neutral.
d. ailerons into the wind, opposite rudder.
7. Which checklist should be performed during taxi?
a. Before takeoff
b. After landing
c. GUMPS (Gas, Undercarriage, Mixture, Propeller, Switches, Seat, belts)
d. None, the pilot should be looking outside
8. While starting the engine, fire erupts in the carburetor. The proper procedure would be to:
a. turn off the ignition, and set the mixture to "idle cut off".
b. immediately exit the aircraft and let it burn.
c. continue cranking to suck out the flame.
d. call for help on the aircraft radio.
9. Shortly after takeoff, at an altitude of 400' AGL, you have an engine failure. You should:
a. panic and do nothing.
b. try and make a 180-degree turn back to the runway.
c. get out the checklist and attempt to restart.
d. prepare for an off-airport landing and land straight ahead.
10. What is the proper procedure for entering EVRA class C airspace after a radio failure?
a. Approach the field from the east or west at 1500' MSL and orbit over the runways until you
receive a green light from the tower, then enter the downwind.
b. Flash your lights and rock your wings while circling above the airport.
c. Land on any runway not in use.
d. Circle the tower and wait for instructions.
11. If an altimeter setting is not available before flight, the altimeter should be set to:
a. pressure altitude corrected for nonstandard temperature.
c. field elevation of the departure airport.
d. the reported altimeter of an appropriate available station.
12. When overtaking another aircraft in flight , you should:
a. pass below the other aircraft.
b. pass overhead of the other aircraft.
c. pass to the left of the other aircraft.
d. pass to the right of the other aircraft.
13. What are the visibility and cloud clearance requirements for VFR flight in class G airspace?
a. 1 mile and clear of clouds
b. 3 miles and 1000' ceiling
c. 3 statute miles, 500' below, 1000' above, 2000' horizontal, 1000' ceiling
d. 5 statute miles, 1000' below, 1000' above, 1 statute mile horizontal
14. When should the mixture be set for altitude?
a. Before takeoff
b. Before landing
c. During cruise
d. Before taxi
e. All of the above
15. Briefly describe the proper procedure for entering and departing airport traffic patterns at uncontrolled airports.
16. List the privileges and limitations placed on student pilots as per JAR-FCL.
17. When operating in controlled airspace, who is responsible for collision avoidance?
In uncontrolled airspace?
18. When should a "Go -around" from landing be initiated?
19. What are the minimum safe altitudes as described by the JARs?
20. Briefly explain the "Right-of-way" rules.
21. What documentation are you required to have on you when acting as pilot-in-command?
22. What aircraft certificates and documents must be checked and on board the aircraft before each flight?
23. What are the minimum aircraft equipment requirements for day VFR flight?
24. What endorsements are you required to have for student solo flight and what are their durations?
25. What position reports should you make when operating at an uncontrolled airport?
26. What do each of the following light signals mean?
In Flight On the Ground
Alternating Red and Green
27. Define the following speeds and list the appropriate value:
28. What are the headwind and crosswind limitations for student pilots at Aviagroup Eduard?
29. What are the boundaries of the practice area for student pilots at Adazhi ATZ?